This morning didn't feel extraordinary. There was no big milestone, no major moment. But something about it felt different. I walked into the kids room with my coffee, sat in the chair and gently woke them up.
No rushing. No urgency. Just pause.
DJ climbed in the chair with me first. We snuggled up and I told him, "I love snuggling with you". He said, "me too". We sat there quietly, snuggled up together until Lucian's head popped up from his bed.
I told him to come up. He came up and snuggled too -- we sat quietly for about 15 minutes, nothing else existed.
No to do lists
No schedules
No pressure
Just presence
A simple moment
But one that felt so full
Eventually, the morning picked up like it always does
--
backpacks, shoes, getting out the door, a little bit of rush 😆
But something stayed with me.... the pause ... the intention to pause
We don't get these mornings back... once they are gone... they are gone
I've been becoming more aware lately
In a grounding, eye-opening, wake-up kind of way
The kind of way that makes you stop and really see what's in front of you
Even something as small as walking out my front door -- seeing my roses blooming. How beautiful they are
I'll stop and walk over .... and smell the roses -- sometimes I'll take a picture, just to hold onto that moment a little longer
These small pauses are everything
They are where gratitude lives
Where awareness is
Where life is happening
Where there is choice
It's about choosing to pause
It's about being present in what's already here
To feel
To notice
To smell
To see
To respond to life instead of just reacting to it 💛💛


No comments:
Post a Comment