I haven’t written here in a while.
Life has been full — moving, working, parenting, settling into a new home, trying to find a rhythm again. But something happened recently that felt too meaningful not to write down.
It has to do with the 21-Day Transformation Challenge.
I did this challenge for myself during a season when I was trying to come back to myself. I was trying to slow down, become more aware, release old patterns, and learn how to move through life with more patience, love, and intention.
At the time, it felt deeply personal.
It felt like something I was doing for me.
But recently, I shared it with my twin sister.
When I gave it to her, I didn’t make it a big thing. I didn’t tell her she had to do it. I didn’t ask her to tell me if she started. I didn’t want her to feel any pressure. I just gave it to her and told her it was hers to do with whatever she wanted.
All I really wanted was for her to feel supported.
All I have ever wanted is for her to be happy.
Then I saw her recently, and as we were sitting there talking, she looked down at her wrist and kind of grabbed her bracelet. It was the tiger’s eye bracelet from the challenge.
The tiger’s eye day is about bravery. About calling in courage. About remembering that you are stronger than the fear in front of you.
I looked at her and said something like, “Oh my gosh, you’re doing it?!"
And then we both started to get a little emotional.
She told me she had opened that challenge box the night before she had to spend a full workday with her boss, and she had been nervous about it. So she wore the tiger’s eye bracelet the next day as a reminder to be brave and hadn't taken it off since.
She said she was really enjoying the challenge and loved how each challenge was for her.
And I cannot fully explain what that did to my heart.
Because when someone you love is struggling, you want so badly to help them. But you can’t force healing. You can’t force someone to be ready. You can’t make them feel better just because you want them to.
All you can do is offer something with love.
And hope it reaches them.
A few days later, she sent me a picture of the black tourmaline from the challenge — the stone for protection. That day’s message was about feeling safe, protected, grounded, and held.
Seeing that picture made me so happy. Not because it was about crystals exactly. But because it meant she was taking time for herself.
She was pausing.
She was listening.
She was doing something that was just for her heart.
Around the same time, my other sister and I were talking about a girls’ day I want to plan — something kind of witchy and fun and creative. And then she casually mentioned that she had made moon water on the last full moon.
I was like, wait… what?
Because I had just made my first moon water during that same full moon too.
And then I told her I wanted to get her one of the 21-Day Transformation Challenge boxes, and she loved the idea.
It felt like this little thread connecting all of us.
Different lives. Different struggles. Different seasons. But somehow, the same pull toward reflection, healing, intention, and something deeper. It made me think of the Coquille Saint-Jacques that the ringmaker had shared with me. Many paths ... one center.
Then last night, I did Day 2 of the challenge again.
Day 2 is Inner Calm.
It comes with a rolling amethyst, and the practice is simple. You rub it in your hands, hold it to your heart, take ten deep breaths, and with every exhale, release a worry, a thought, or a stress from your body.
I decided to do it with DJ.
We have been struggling with him lately — especially around Kids Club, aggression, big emotions, and impulse control. And honestly, it has been hard. Parenting is hard. Watching your child struggle is hard. Trying to help them regulate when you are still learning how to regulate yourself is hard.
So I held the amethyst in my hand and placed it with his hand.
I closed my eyes and started taking deep breaths.
Out loud, I said we were releasing all the negative energy from his body. Releasing the hard thoughts. Releasing the frustration. Releasing anything that didn’t feel good.
And then I called in the good.
Kindness.
Patience.
Calm.
Safety.
Love.
Good choices.
A peaceful body.
Then I gave him the amethyst.
He rubbed it in his hands, held it to his heart, closed his eyes, and started taking deep breaths.
I peeked one eye open to see what he was doing, and there he was, actually doing it.
Breathing.
Listening.
Trying.
I kept saying out loud what we were releasing and what we were calling in.
Later, when he got into bed, he said, “I hope that works.”
And today, when I picked him up, his teacher told me he had an amazing day.
I looked at him and felt so proud.
I told him, “See? It worked.”
And of course, I don’t know if it was the amethyst. I don’t know if it was the breathing. I don’t know if it was the intention, the pause, the connection, or simply the fact that he felt supported before falling asleep.
Maybe it was all of it.
Maybe that is the point.
I told his teacher what we had done, and she loved it. It was such a sweet moment.
And I keep thinking about how grateful I am that I have become more open about this journey with the people I love.
A year ago, I never would have imagined this.
I never would have imagined talking about crystals, moon water, rituals, transformation challenges, meditation, or sound baths so openly.
And I one thousand percent never thought my twin sister would be open to doing something like this.
But here we are.
And it makes me emotional because what started as something I was doing for myself is now quietly touching the people around me.
My sisters.
My kids.
My family.
Maybe even the way we talk to each other.
Maybe even the way we care for ourselves.
That is the part that feels so beautiful.
Healing does not always look like a dramatic breakthrough.
Sometimes it looks like a bracelet on your sister’s wrist.
A picture of black tourmaline sent through text.
A conversation about moon water.
A little boy holding amethyst over his heart and taking deep breaths before bed.
A teacher saying he had an amazing day.
A sister saying, “I’m really enjoying it.”
A moment where you realize that maybe you were never on this path alone.
Maybe we are all just finding our way back to ourselves in different ways.
And maybe when one person becomes open, it gives someone else permission to open too.
That is what this challenge has become for me now.
Not just transformation.
Connection.
Not just healing.
Sharing.
Not just crystals and rituals.
Love in action.
And I am so grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment